24 2 月 Master of Applied Positive Psychology Scholarship (English only)
To promote Positive Education among Hong Kong schools, it is a priority to have professional practitioners who possess thorough knowledge in Positive Psychology and Positive Education. In this light, Bei Shan Tang Foundation has established the Master of Applied Positive Psychology Fellowship to support professional training opportunities for local practitioners. The Fellowship is intended to provide financial aids to candidates to pursue a full-time Master of Applied Positive Psychology Programme (MAPP) at the University of Pennsylvania (“the Univerisity”), who wish to:
- pursue a career in providing teachers’ training, producing localized learning materials or promoting Positive Education in Hong Kong;
- equip themselves with knowledge of Positive Psychology for application in local schools; or
- conduct research in Positive Psychology that helps generate good knowledge to inform the development of Positive Psychology and/or Positive Education in Hong Kong.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Hong Kong;
- Applicants must have their first degree in education, psychology, or social sciences which gives good foundation knowledge of Positive Psychology. This degree can be obtained from Hong Kong or overseas institutions;
- Applicants must have at least 2 years of working experiences in the local education sector;
- Applicants should be highly proficient in spoken and written English and Cantonese; and
- Applicants should have submitted an official application to the University fulfilling all procedures and requirements as set out (https://www.sas.upenn.edu/lps/graduate/mapp/application), and later been successfully accepted for admission into the programme.
Application and Selection Procedures
Applicants have to submit an application for the Scholarship (https://www.sas.upenn.edu/lps/node/1573) together with the application to the MAPP.
Applicants are also required to submit a copy of the application and cover letter to [email protected] or our office address. The deadline for submission is January 31, 2021. For details, please visit https://www.sas.upenn.edu/lps/graduate/mapp/tuition/financial-aid.
Qualified candidates will then be invited to attend an interview in Hong Kong in February 2021.
The application results will be announced alongside with the MAPP admission results.
Amount of the Scholarship
The Scholarship will basically cover the Scholar’s tuition and fees at the University for the normative study period of the MAPP. One Scholarship will be granted each year. If there are no appropriate candidates, no Scholarships will be given that year.
Conditions of the Scholarship
- All Scholars must undertake to return to Hong Kong to live and work for at least two years after completing the MAPP program.
- All Scholars will be required to contribute to the Bei Shan Tang Foundation’s projects relating to Positive Education for at least two years on a part-time basis after their return to Hong Kong. The nature of their contribution may include providing consultation to local schools, conducting sharing sessions, engaging in teacher training, delivering seminars and talks, etc. The terms and format of their contribution will be based on the nature of Scholar’s studies and the latest development of the Foundation’s projects. For information about the Foundation’s initiatives in Positive Education, please visit positiveeducation.org.hk.
- Tenure of other awards in conjunction with this Scholarship is not permitted without the consent of the Foundation.